Sunday, October 31, 2010

SyFy bringing 'Being Human' to US viewers in January...Not sure I'm "picking up what they're putting down".

To quote the delicious snark of Pam from True Blood (and take liberty to change it a little), "I'm not picking up what they're putting down".  I love the UK version.  I love Mitchell, Annie and George.  I love Aidan Turner's charming, haunted portrayal of Mitchell.  Tonight while passing out Halloween candy to the kids and watching Ghost Hunters Live (hey, I'm a talented multi-tasker), I saw the commercial for the show.  Here's the skinny:


Being Human – The series follows three paranormal, 20-something roommates living in Boston – vampire “Aidan” (Witwer)


 werewolf “Josh” (Huntington)


 and ghost “Sally” (Rath)

 – as they struggle to hide their dark secrets from the world, while helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives and trying to be human. Mark Pellegrino plays Aidan’s charismatic but menacing vampire mentor “Bishop” (Pelligrino).
Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes) is Director and Co-Executive Producer with Executive Producer Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth) and husband and wife Executive Producers/Writers Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) and Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood).
Muse Entertainment is producing 13 1-hour episodes for Syfy.

Where do I begin? First, it irrationally irritates me that they changed all of the character names.  It just bugs me.  Second, the vampire (which is always my favorite character in any show) looks way too polished and boy band for my taste. And I love the sweetness of Annie (portrayed by Lenora Crichlow).  I will watch, try to withhold judgement and then see how I feel.  I did see the trailer for the show tonight, and I'm still on the fence.


In the meantime, I have season 1 and 2 on DVD to watch my UK version.  Ahh, I like this version better:



No comments:

Post a Comment